Search mission for MH370 in Indian Ocean: Malaysia
The Star/ANN
Acting
transport minister Hishammuddin Hussein said although the search area would be
re-evaluated, the hunt was still going to be in the southern Indian
Ocean .
“The
issue of it being in the southern corridor was never disputed but the question
is where. We will rely on the expertise of all those involved to figure out a
new search area,” he told reporters after a meeting with four of the
ministerial committees set up to handle the crisis here Wednesday.
Last
week, the authorities had said that the pings previously picked up by search
vessels did not belong to the aircraft's black box and the Australian Transport
Safety Bureau had discounted the vicinity as the location of the plane.
Hishammuddin
said at least six private companies, including Petronas, Boustead and Deftech,
had entered into an open tender to help search for the plane.
On
a statement by a British sailor that she saw a plane on fire flying overhead
while she was crossing the Indian Ocean in
March, Hishammuddin said that all claims would be looked into.
“However,
I wish to remind everyone that of all the numerous claims we have received, so
far nothing has been proven,” he said.
http://www.chinapost.com.tw/asia/regional-news/2014/06/06 /409485/Search-mission.htm
Structure of the Lead:
WHO-not given
WHEN-not given
WHAT-announce
WHY- The search for missing Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 is to remain in the southern corridor
WHERE- southern Indian Ocean .
HOW-not given
Keywords:
1.corridor 空中走廊
2.re-evaluated 重新被評估
3.expertise 專家鑑定
4.vicinity 鄰近地區